Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Today I spent the day working outside! It was nice but now my back is really sore. Massage time?

I was out with Thomas all day working, and I asked him about homosexuality and what he thought of it since he is a very religious Christian. This is his explanation to me, in a nutshell:
Basically everyone loves the important people in their life, but God has given us different ways of showing this love: like friendship, marriage, co-workers, etc. On the other hand, the devil has tried to do everything opposite of God, and in this case, making people express their love in a different way than God had wanted. For example, pre-marital sex where people show their affection more physically than they are meant to. For homosexuality, two men (or women) are showing their love as a relationship instead of friendship.

Seems strange to think of that way right? But he made sure to say that it wasn't that these homosexuals were going to hell or anything, but they were altered by the devil. He said he didn't believe people were born that way also.

I would tend to disagree obviously since I don't really believe in God and the devil. Anywho, thought I'd share!
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

1 comment:

AN said...

Huh. That's kind of interesting. I like that, actually...at least with how you described it, it's a lot more sensitive and subtle, the so-called work of the devil, and it's a nice contrast to the usual extremist type of comments I associate with religion and perception of homosexuality.

So love is love and sex either before or after marriage can be an expression of love whether in the eyes of God or the devil...but in the end one is right and one is wrong. You can love your entire life and end up in heaven, or love your entire life and end up in hell. God loves.The Devil loves. All of a sudden things seem a lot more tricky taken in this context.

Thanks for sharing!