Saturday, April 30, 2011

I have lost faith.
I have lost faith in all of society.
How is it that the nicest people on earth have no friends because they are 'nerds' or are 'ugly', and the people with the cruelest hearts on earth have friends because they are 'hot' or 'rich'.
It isn't fair that kids are dying of malnourishment when there are people everywhere with pool houses and 5000 sq. ft. houses for a single person.
Why are their homeless people on the streets that mean no harm but get nothing because people are too scared to approach them or people believe they did something bad and deserve to be out there in the cold.
If someone who steps over everyone to get to the top deserves all the basic needs, so do most of these homeless people.
Why is it that hospitals carry out surgeries on an 80 year old man so that he can live maybe a few years longer. It is as though we want everyone to live forever, but isn't there a time in life when these old people have done all they want in life and are 'ready' to go?
Like euthanasia, people are against it because we shouldn't 'be god', we shouldn't be allowed to decide when it is a person's time to go, but then why are we allowed to decide when to delay their death?
Why is it that people on the top buy fancy cars like escalades and big trucks when they guzzle gas like crazy? Aren't these the people that can afford to buy fuel efficient cars and start the process in shifting our world to an environmentally friendly one?
Or what about lab-grown meat? Isn't something wrong when the world cannot sustain itself on real animal meat and vegetables? Why is it that we need scientists to constantly figure out new ways that people in the world can get their required food, when people in countries all over the world are starving because they don't even have the simplest foods.
How does the world become a place where girls and boys all over the world are constantly tortured by their own appearances, because of how skinny someone else is, or how awesome someone else's clothes are. When did the world become a place where no one could be different.
Why is it that we make fun of people who work at Mcdonald's, when some of these people couldn't choose their future like we can. School wasn't affordable for them, so they work at fast food to try to make money. Who is it to say they aren't happy with their lives?
I have given up on the idea of being an engineer. I don't feel like it is something that will make me happy, but then again, I am a very easily influenced person. I feel like going to post-secondary was something that everyone assumed I would just do. But what is so wrong about moving to a beautiful city somewhere by the coast or in a foreign country, and just living?
School isn't living to me. It is somewhere you go so that you can hopefully make a ton of money by the end of it by using your education. If you are lucky, you'll find friends that have the same morals and ethics as you, and you will be friends forever. Then you go out in the real world and live your fake life of being successful and 'happy', when really all you want to do is run away and live the life you always wanted. Stress free of work frustrations, able to spend time with the friends you have, and have the family you wanted. Money doesn't define everything, but in this society, it means a heck of a lot more than it should. I don't believe that all people hate school and have fake lives, I just mean that as my opinion. It's how my life will turn out unless some crazy thing happens and I find my dream job in the environmental engineering field.
I'm almost debating moving to the coast when I graduate, and living that dream life for a year. Work a low end job, meet people, and see if that feels right, because going to school sure doesn't feel like it is the right thing for me to do.

1 comment:

AN said...

Man, I feel what you're saying, but when I see you making ridiculous loads of money as a student, even I find myself re-evaluating my desire for freedom against working now and making myself a little cash cushion.