Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chew more and savour the food.
I always shovel food in my mouth, barely tasting the flavours.
Enjoy food and enjoy meal times.
It's so crazy how much we use meal times as social events now.
Easiest thing to do with a friend? Go out for lunch or dinner.
And then the time is spent inhaling food rather than enjoying the meal and the person you are supposed to be spending time with.
People love convenience and hate the idea of effort.
'My doctor said I need to lose 50 pounds to be healthy. Pfffft!' or 'She just ordered a salad? That's crazy.' but later on, there's always complaints about how they feel bad about what they ate or how they feel fat or unattractive.
It all lies within. If you treasure your body, it will listen to you.
Be comfortable with your food choices. Who cares if everyone else is ordering deep friend deliciousness, you can order the salad if you feel like eating a salad!
I find it strange how judgemental people are about what you order when you eat out.
For example, I ordered a salad with dressing on the side when I went out for lunch with my colleagues last week, and when I got back, people were discussing how I ordered only a salad for lunch. I wasn't super hungry and felt like getting a salad, so what? It's not my fault I like to eat healthy and make you feel bad for eating a gigantic meal when you are overweight. That's up to you to change that, and not me to change so you can feel better about yourself.
Welcome to life, it is what you make of it.

No comments: