Thursday, July 21, 2011

What I don't understand is the unwillingness of people to just accept themselves, and others, as they are.
Why can't we open our minds to knowing that people have different beliefs, and just accept it.
To not be confrontational when people's values lie far from our own?
Acceptance is the key to peace, and it is in our own hearts to do it.

The mentality stopping acceptance from happening is the same that halts action against global warming.
The idea of 'I'm just one person. If I start, and no one else is doing it, then why bother?'
The reason is that it falls within your value system.
It makes you less selfish, a better person, and it opens your heart to all those around you.

From now on, I'm going to try my best to just accept other people as they are. To be less confrontational, and just accept things as they come. I'm going to continue my life as I see fit, and no one can stop me.

If you act as though it were impossible to fail, it will be.

No comments: