Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And I'm so sick of love songs, so tired of tears...

Oh Ne-yo, I forgot how awesome you are.
Music has the ability to completely ruin or make my day. (exaggeration
Counting crows? Bad memories but happy ones that remind me of how much I've grown.
The Cab? Energy booster.
LMFAO? Disgust about certain nights this summer. Yet hilarious at how much ridiculousness I brought upon myself.
Adele? SHUT IT OFF. Too overplayed. I'm over it.

I love waking up in the morning and having the apartment to myself. I love walking to the patio and looking outside and seeing the world covered in snow. I love playing old music out of my stereo and dancing while I get ready for work. I love making toast with Jam and lurking Tumblr while I eat breakfast.

It seems to me that I've forgotten to slow down and just appreciate life as it is. I've been so busy that everything has been pushed to the wayside. Work, choir, other work, home, random road trip. I just need a few days to slowwwwww down. Go for a walk, a run, go shopping, eat sushi, appreciate friends, and be happy with that. I keep myself busy so I have an excuse not to do anything. Which is completely silly. I need a social life, and I need to remember that I don't need to be with people 24/7 to prove that I have friends.

So for the next two days, starting tomorrow, I get to go drill boreholes in Vermillion with Jared! We have to stay overnight on Thursday night so that will be interesting :S But I'm excited to go somewhere for work! It shall be fun and maybe we will bond. He seems like a nice guy, just kind of quiet and is one of those mumbly people that doesn't really speak loudly but rather just stumbles around with words to himself. We'll see :)

No comments: