Saturday, August 27, 2011

Last day and a bit in my apartment.
It's been a non-great year, but I still love this apartment.
The view is incredible, I had some fun times in here, and it's huge!
I remember spending a few Friday nights alone, watching movies or Misfits or Skins alone with the lights all turned off while lying on the couch.
Or when I was coming back totally wasted and opened the door, dropped my pants, and face planted into bed, happily waking up in my awesome bed at my OWN home.
I don't think I'll miss this apartment. Unfortunately the bad times kind of ruin this apartment's track record for me.
Moving out is like moving on. From now on, I'm not going to dwell on the past with Zach.
I'm over it. His life no longer matters to me. I'd like for him to succeed and do well, but I really don't want any part of it.
We said we'd be friends, but once we moved to our own cities, I felt free. No more depending on another person just to be disappointed in the end. And he also didn't make an effort to be friends either, so it's only fair that it ended this way.
Let's just leave it at the fact that my 2 and a half year relationship was a learning experience. I laughed, loved, cried, yelled, everything you can expect in a relationship. I thought I would be with him forever, but I'm glad some sense eventually came to me. He didn't treat me well for the last year. He took advantage of the fact that I was there, willing to love him even though he didn't love himself, even though he didn't try, even though he allowed himself to fail at EVERYTHING. He thought buying me things would save our relationship, but I don't care about the material. I poured my heart into that boy and got nothing in return. It's what's in the heart and the soul that counts. When his soul stopped trying, I knew I had to get out. Thankfully an opportune moment came, and I was able to embrace what I needed to do. I GTFO.
Thanks for the memories, although when I look back on it, the negative ones seem to outweigh the positives. Thank you for teaching me that I should look after myself first. Thank you for showing me that I'm only 20 years old (soon to be 21) and am too young for this kind of commitment. Thank you for making me realize I don't need the approval of a man to feel confident.
I had incredibly low self-esteem and body issues when I dated him. In my opinion, if the person you're with makes you feel worse about yourself and doesn't help make you feel beautiful in every way, something's wrong. After we broke up, my confidence skyrocketed. I've never felt so powerful, and from that I came out of my shell and became a more outgoing person.
Thank you for making me realize that I shouldn't have to settle. I'm a princess, or so my name tells me, and I deserve to be treated like one.
So as Lauren Conrad would say, 'They teach us to forgive and forget. So, I forgive you, and now I'd like to forget you.'
And in my words, 'Thanks, but holy freaking good riddance.'

1 comment:

AN said...

I really like this post. Thanks for sharin'!