Sunday, January 15, 2012

Last night was my United Cycle Christmas party.
OH MAN WAS IT FUN!
The night started with Rachelle and I missing our bus to the venue which was the German Cultural Center, so by the time we got there, dinner was already being served and there were no more spots at the running/activewear table. So we sat down at our own table, happy that we each got our own bottle of wine to drink for the night. AND 2 free drink tickets.
But some lovely ladies decided that it wasn't right for us to sit by ourselves, so we got moved to another table, which ended up being some of the big bosses and a few employees.
Dinner was okay, speeches were boring, but then there were door prizes!
GUESS WHO WON GOLD SEAT TICKETS TO THE OILERS GAME AGAINST COLORADO ON THE 31ST?! ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Value of 229 dollars per ticket) Plus a 25 dollar food voucher :)
After the door prizes, there was a dance, but no one was dancing.
So Rachelle and I continued drinking, and once we were tipsy enough, we started introducing ourselves to all the randoms we could find, including my 'workplace boyfriend' as deemed by Mandy who I work with, who is named Stephan and from Quebec and super francais! We had a pushup contest. I beat him because then people started sitting on him because then his hips touched the ground and that counted as losing. HAHA. Funny. From that point onwards, Rachelle and I were the center of attention for all the boys in the crowd.
I stole some guys top hat, well I actually asked him politely and he gave it to me, but then his friend came to steal it back and he was cute too! His name is Logan and he was really nice and drank a lot of wine with me.
After all that, we joined the dance floor which had livened up a little and danced the night away. I danced with Stephan ;) It was kind of awesome... And then the night was over and the venue said it was time to leave :( So sad. I got Stephan's number. Hehe. But we got invited to Nick's house for an after party and decided to go to that. The cabs didn't show up for ever! I ended up talking to Logan while we were waiting for the cabs, so I got his number too! I have a thing for 18 year olds. So by the time we got a cab, Nick had decided he was going to go to a pub on Whyte instead, and Rachelle and I both went home. I don't really remember getting home :S
SO MUCH FUN.
I love United Cycle now. Even though they don't trust us, I don't care when they give us free booze and sweet door prizes.

No comments: