Saturday, March 19, 2011

day 16 - your views on mainstream music.
Hate HATE HATE!!!!
So much crap on the radio these days. Songs about sex and drugs. Nothing comes from the heart anymore. In the old days it was about expressing your innermost feelings in different way than just speaking it, and it meant something. Now, it is about whatever will make the most money. Although I do still love dancing to the hits... Hehe.

day 17 - your highs and lows of this past year.
This year has actually been insane. I have learned so much about myself and I think I've finally gotten back into the groove of being myself again. Outgoing, happy, and utterly, totally random and weird. That is me. I love being me, and I am starting to feel good again.

Highs:
  • Getting co-op jobs, the ones I want, and being able to jump up and down screaming about it.
  • Making amazing friends, like Sarah and Rachelle.
  • Going to a wet t-shirt contest in Banff. First time drinking in Banff, first time wet t-shirt contest.
  • Getting an apartment with Zach and living away from campus as an adult.
  • Realizing how great of a friend Lauren is.
  • Getting on track with working out and eating right.
  • Partying for my first ever St. Patrick's day and having the time of my life.
  • The Terry Fox Run.
  • Family portraits.
  • Sister Trip in Vancouver.
  • Experiencing the joy of choir.
  • Survey school. It was terrible but amazing all at the same time.
Lows:
  • Almost breaking up with Zach. Several times.
  • Realizing I had no friends.
  • Realizing that Zach won't be here next year most likely.
  • Realizing how insignificant I was to people at work and how sexist they were.
  • Grandpa getting sick and the way it affected the family.
  • Finding out bad news with a good friend. So terrible.

You know what I realized. Life seems so easy when you don't analyze everything or take risks. Everyday, people go through their routines, go to bed at night, and then start all over again. Same thing, everyday. No risks, no experiencing the dread of realizing you said the wrong thing even though you didn't mean to. But I mean, that is what makes life exciting. The reason people love reality TV is that there is so much drama but they don't have to experience it themselves. I would rather deal with the drama, and the excitement and emotional swings of drama, in my own life than watch it on TV. I love the gossip, I love all the high school things that I convince myself that I am too mature for. Life was more fun when I went to life not knowing how things would wrap up at the end of the day. Who knew that Kayla wouldn't be talking to Ally by the end of some random day? No one, and when it happened, it was stressful, but now looking back on it, I realize that is what makes life memorable. The ridiculous things that happen alll the time! Life can be exciting, you just have to make it that way. :)

No comments: