Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Suddenly feeling inspired to talk about the New Year and my resolution.
I have several, but I feel like most of them revolve around this one:
"I resolve to eat clean."
Now clean eating is kind of a complicated thing, since people have a wide range of definitions for it, but for me it means to eat as much natural and unprocessed foods as I can and making sure that I fill my quotas for the food groups as specified by Canada's food guide. I'm not going to restrict myself entirely from fast food or chips or candy, because I know absolutely not eating it will make me more likely to binge on it after a while, but I am for sure going to keep it minimal, which means I refuse to buy it, but if I'm at someone's house, I'm probably not going to say no. It also means limiting desserts when I go out to eat and also portion control at meals.
It's strange that many of the fitness magazines, like Oxygen, talk about eating natural and unprocessed but have protein powders in so many of their meal plans. To me, protein powder isn't natural, especially since protein is abundant in meat eating diets. For me, protein powder might become a part of my diet since I don't eat meat and am not super into eating beans, nuts, and tofu everyday. Haha.
I also want to minimize my intake of alcohol, but it seems as though I'm just peaking in my drinking phase, so I'll leave that in the back of my mind when I go out.
Along with clean eating is exercise. Sure, I can feed myself super healthy foods, but I also want a nice body, and that means staying dedicated to living an active lifestyle. I want to get back into yoga. I want to go to the gym at least a few times a week before work. I also am supposed to be doing a rock climbing class or something with Rachelle and Shane which would be once a week.
Ballroom dancing and martial arts may have to wait.

No comments: